Privacy and Cookies Policy.
This privacy and cookies policy (the “Policy” for short) provides information regarding the treatment of information provided to, or collected by, Helen O’Grady Drama Academy (CI) Limited (“HOG”); and applies to: (i) this website, (ii) any direct or indirect engagement with HOG in other ways (such as, email correspondence).
Information collected under this policy may be used in the manner described below by Helen O’Grady Drama Academy Group Limited, its subsidiaries, agents, trusted partners and affiliates acting on its behalf (collectively “HOG”). When used herein, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to HOG . When this Policy refers to the term “personal information” we mean information that identifies a particular individual, such as a full name, street address, telephone number, photography or email address.
By visiting this website and/or otherwise providing, or allowing your data to be provided, to HOG you agree that (i) you have read and understood this Policy; and (ii) agree to HOG’s collection and processing of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
If you have any questions about the way in which your data is collected, processed or held by HOG, you can contact us via email at [email protected], and we will do our best to provide an answer.
THE LAST SIGNIFICANT UPDATE TO THIS POLICY WAS MADE ON: February 2022
FROM WHOM DOES HOG COLLECT DATA:
We collect information from three groups of people:
- “Individuals”, who have contacted us via email, engaged with us on social media, completed a customer survey or otherwise interacted with us (excluding interaction in the course of business between HOG and such individual);
- “Website Users”, who visit this page; and
Business clients and providers (“B2B”), licensors and rights holders or third parties whom provide us a service and/or any other individual with whom we interact solely in the course of business.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES HOG COLLECT:
HOG collects two basic types of information personal information (which can be used to identify a specific individual) and anonymous information (which provides analytical information, but cannot be used to identify a specific individual); and may use personal information to create a third type of information aggregate information (i.e. a collection of similar or related data).
HOG collects the information you provide to us when you email us, participate in our activities (such as engaging with our social networks), participate in other activities related to HOG communications and/or content, or otherwise interact with us using one or more devices. Such information shall include but may not be limited to:
- If you email us: name and email address.
- If you interact with us on social media* (and depending on your own privacy settings): campaign tag information (e.g. hashtags), name, social network ID, image/profile picture, email address, gender, location, date of birth and/or such other information which you have explicitly made available, either by granting access specifically to HOG or by making such information visible to the general public.
* HOG does not control third-party sites or platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, and Powster) and this Policy does not apply to them. Please consult the policy of the relevant third party to find out how they collect and use your information.
- Website Users:
You make certain information available to us when you visit our websites or use our services via a third-party platform using one or more devices and HOG uses technology such as cookies to collect such information, insofar as we are permitted by law and where applicable, subject to your explicit consent. Such information shall include but may not be limited to:
- user client ID generated by Cookies which are unique to you;
- referrer information (e.g. location of the link you clicked to reach our page);
- campaign tag information (e.g. hashtags);
- user agent information (e.g. browser type);
- device type (e.g. iPhone, iPad, Android);
- your IP address;
- country and city location data (based on IP); and
- user’s click events (i.e. where you point and click on our site).
HOG also collects personal information provided in the course of business, such as names, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, job titles, and financial/payment information, as may be necessary to perform the functions required for the specific business relationship in question.
HOW HOG USES YOUR INFORMATION:
You agree that we may use your information for the following purposes:
- to monitor performance of, optimise or improve our products, services and operations;
- create anonymous, aggregated statistics about the use of our websites, content, or services which we may share with third parties and/or make available to the public;
- to enforce, protect and defend legal rights (including those of third party rights owners in respect of any content distributed by HOG) and to detect, investigate and prevent activities which may violate our policies or be illegal;
and in accordance with local laws, and choices and controls which may be available to you, we may use information collected from you or devices associated with you to:
- to respond to any enquiry you may have sent to us;
- to ask your opinion on our content or services;
- provided that you have opted in to such activity:
- personalise content and experiences.
- Website Users:
- to provide you with access to the relevant website, and provide any services or information that you may have requested from us;
- to improve this website, and ensure that information on it is presented in the most effective and optimal manner;
- for security purposes. This information may be passed to the police or to other appropriate authorities. We base this processing on our legitimate interests to protect you and our company, systems, employees and partners, or on a legal obligation to cooperate with competent authorities.
- to provide Content and/or materials pursuant to a written contractual agreement between us; and
- checking that a payment is not made fraudulently.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER COMPANIES:
We will not share your information with any third party, save for the following circumstances:
- sharing with our affiliates and group companies where applicable and in connection with the one or more of the uses listed above;
- where such information is shared with a third party in connection with:
- the sale of a business;
- to protect HOG and/or a third-party rights holder’s rights or property;
- to comply with legal process or other cases if we believes in good faith that such disclosure is required by law;
- where you have directed us to share your information with third-party sites or platforms, including social networks and select third parties with whom HOG works whereby sharing such information is necessary for the purpose of delivering the services that you have requested (e.g. MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, and Powster).
In certain circumstances the above may involve transferring your data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA“). Whenever we transfer your data outside of the EEA we will ensure that a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that the recipient has, or is located in a jurisdiction which has, been approved by the European Commission as being capable of providing the appropriate level of protection, that the recipient has signed a contract in the format approved by the European Commission, and/or, with your express consent to do so.
Please note that once your information has been shared with another company, the information received by such company becomes subject to that company’s own privacy practices.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED:
We use industry standard technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access to or unlawful use. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
HOW LONG IS YOUR INFORMATION KEPT FOR?
Save as expressly set out below, we will retain information collected pursuant to this Policy for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as otherwise permitted by law.
Without prejudice to the above, to ensure that we always have the most up to date consent and accurate data from you, HOG will endeavour to contact you by e-mail to seek renewed consent at least once during a specified time period depending on the type of Content we are contacting you about and how frequently we are able predict future releases of similar content.:
- HOG will contact subscribers at least once every two (2) calendar years
These e-mail communications will ask you to expressly re-subscribe and provide your current details. If you do not respond, we will assume that you no longer wish to hear from us and will remove you from the mailing list until such time as you actively re-subscribe.
WHERE YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED:
Our servers are situated in the European Economic Area (predominantly the UK and Ireland) and all of the information that we collect about you will be stored on these servers.
Save as expressly set out herein, and/or unless permitted by any specific law or regulation, we will not share your information outside of the European Economic Area without your explicit consent.
YOUR RIGHTS, CONTROLS AND CHOICES:
We provide you with the ability to exercise certain controls regarding its collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts;
- You may choose whether we share your information with other companies outside of the HOG group so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services;
In addition, you have certain rights in respect of the information which we hold about you, including:
- the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes;
- the right to request access to the information we hold about you;
- the right to object to processing likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- the right to object to decisions being taken by automatic means; and
- the right, in certain circumstances, to have inaccuracies in your personal information rectified, or to have your information blocked, erased or destroyed.
You may exercise your controls and choices by following instructions provided in any communications sent to you or by contacting us via email on [email protected] Please be aware that in order to process your request we may first require you to provide further information in order to verify your identity as the owner of such personal information.
Cookies are small pieces of information, often in the form of encrypted text files, that are placed on your device when you visit a website which allow the website owner to monitor your use of their site, simplify your user experience and to bring together information which is collected about you.
You have the ability to choose to have your device warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies, by changing your browser settings. However, if you turn cookies off, you will lose access to certain features that may make your user experience more efficient and some services will not function properly.
For information about how to change the way your browser interacts with cookies, please visit the ‘Help’ section of your internet browser or visit http://allaboutcookies.org for further general information regarding the way in which cookies work.
The names of the cookies used by this website, and the purpose for which they are used are as follows:
Strictly Necessary Cookies support our websites and app operation. They are essential when you move around our website or app and use its features. For example, they remember your details when you login. This allows you to access your account. Without such cookies such services cannot be provided.
Analytical/Performance Cookies collect anonymous information on how people use the website or app, which helps us develop these. We can see if people find things easily and improve site navigation.
Functionality Cookies remember you when you return to the site or app and choices you have made on previous visits, such as searches and which country you’re from. This allows us to personalise our content for you, such as enabling us to remember your preferences.
Social Media Cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on our websites on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
This website may also contain content and links to third-party websites that also operate cookies. HOG does not control these third-party websites or cookies and this Policy does not apply to them. Please consult the policy of the relevant third party to find out how they collect and use your information.
HOG reserves the right to make changes to this Policy from time to time and as may be necessary to new technologies, industry practices, regulatory requirements or other purposes.
In the event that any such changes are material, HOG will notify you, and, where required by applicable law, obtain your consent.
For transparency, the date on which significant and material changes were last made to this Policy is set forth at the top of this page.